Below are the basic steps to back up your Events2HVAC database manually using SQL Server Management Studio. You should backup your database on a periodic basis, and especially prior to any updates to the Events2HVAC software. The example is shown for SQL Server 2008 R2, but the steps for other SQL Server versions do not differ greatly.
For an automated backup, see this article:
The following SQL script can be used to create the backup:
BACKUP DATABASE [Events2HVAC] TO DISK = N'<<your backup path and filename here>>' WITH NOFORMAT, NOINIT, NAME = N'Events2HVAC-Full Database Backup', SKIP, NOREWIND, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 10
Here's the steps in SMSEE:
- Open SQL Server Management Studio and login to the SQL server instance that you installed Events2HVAC in.
- Expand the "Databases" folder and right-click on the Events2HVAC database as shown below. In the context menu, select Tasks > Backup...
- Select "Back up to Disk" and click Add...
- Click the button to browse for a destination for your backup file.
- Select the backup folder and the filename. Hit OK to accept.
- Hit OK to begin the backup.