Prior to installation, you will need to acquire or create the connection information for various existing systems. Each installation will vary depending on the complexity of the network and the systems being interfaced. This information is usually gathered from different sources or departments within your organization.
Event Provider Information
Information required varies based on the event provider you are using (Dean Evans EMS, EmergingSoft, etc.). See the help files provided for your specific event provider.
Events2HVAC SQL Information
This is the local or remote SQL database that will hold all of the Events2HVAC configuration data and history.
- SQL Server Name or IP address of Events2HVAC database. This database will need to be created during installation and it can be local to the server or it can be on a remote SQL database.
- Username and password of the SQL login with access to the Events2HVAC database. The credentials need to allow login to the master database and allow SQL scripts to be run to create the database. The database scripts can also be run manually if needed.
- Information required varies based on the specific device(s) you are using (BACnet, JCI MSEA, Proliphix NT, etc.). See the help files provided for your specific device(s) for additional installation requirements.
- A list of equipment items for the zones that would be controlled.
- A list of rooms in the event system that will be mapped to each equipment item above.
- A list of actions and point object names that will be commanded for each equipment item above.
- Define an administrator(s) for Events2HVAC system.
- Assign an email that will receive CRITICAL emails from the Events2HVAC system.
- Assign an outgoing email address for sending critical and non-critical emails to other users.
- Define users and roles for the Events2HVAC system. Roles are defined below:
- Admin – Can access anything in the system
- Operator – Can perform operations that relate to scheduling equipment and sending commands
- Scheduler – Can view schedules and see scheduled commands, but can't command equipment.
- Viewer – Can only view items and reports.