Prior to v1.1.3 of Events2HVAC, the software installation on a 64-bit operating system loaded the files as 64-bit code.
Due to some issues with some drivers that can only run on 32-bit systems, the installation program starting at v1.1.3 will only install 32-bit code even on 64-bit operating systems. On 64-bit systems the 32-bit code will run under the WOW64 system.
Because of this change, if you had previously installed Events2HVAC on a 64-bit PC prior to v1.1.3 and you upgrade the software to a release 1.1.3 or later, you will need to take a few manual steps to make sure your previous settings and license are properly transferred.
Application Folder Changes
The default folder if installed as 64-bit is:
C:\program files\streamside solutions\events2hvac
The default folder for a 32-bit application on a 64-bit system is:
C:\program files (x86)\streamside solutions\events2hvac
You will need to copy the following files from the 64-bit location to the 32-bit location:
- Any *.log files that you want to keep for reference
- Create the new 32-bit path: C:\program files (x86)\streamside solutions\events2hvac
- Copy the above files into this directory.
Registry Location Changes
The default registry path for 64-bit application is:
The default registry location for a 32-bit installation on a 64-bit operating system is:
There is nothing critical to copy from one registry location to another. These are mostly installer settings from past installations.
Remove 64-Bit Installation
- Go to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the existing 64-bit Events2HVAC software.
- Reboot the PC so that the old service location is completely removed from windows services (not required)
Install the 32-bit Installation
- Run the Events2HVAC (x86) installation software as you normally would
- Make sure you select the correct event provider and the device interfaces for your site.
- Before the setup wizards runs (after you close the installer), copy the files saved from the 64-bit directory above.
- Run the setup wizard to verify everything is still setup correctly