Error Message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.110:5049
Client component can't communicate with the server component.
- Make sure the Events2HVAC server Windows service is running.
- Make sure you have network connectivity from the client to the server.
- Make sure you have entered the correct IP address to the server and the port the server is using to communicate. The default port is TCP 5049.
- Make sure a Windows firewall on the Events2HVAC server is not blocking the port in use (default TCP 5049). See http://support.streamsidesolutions.com/entries/21466587-client-remote-client-fails-to-connect-to-server
Error Message: Device action was not found in the database.
When you try to add a new device action to an equipment item, you might get the error message "Device action was not found in the database." This means that the device interface in use (in memory) is different than the device as registered in the database. This will occur after an upgrade of the device interface software if additional actions were added, modified, or removed from the interface.
- Go to Admin > Device Interface Manager
- Click on the Rediscover button.
- Close the window.
- Restart the Events2HVAC Windows service, events2HVAC_service, to restart the command queue.